Position: Lead Violin Teacher for Fall 2023
HCM is seeking a Lead Teacher who is motivated, reliable, and an enthusiastic violin or cello
instructor for our early childhood education String Sprouts K.C. program. HCM uses music education
as a vehicle for the earliest learners to acquire skills that help them succeed academically. We
believe that a high-quality extracurricular musical education should be accessible to all. We just
completed Year 5 of Strings Sprouts.
2-6 hours per week. HCM teaches Sprouts afterschool Monday – Friday and has in-school classes in
the morning hours, Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be available. Classes run from September - May
during the academic year.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
• BA required or equivalent experience in music (orchestral strings), or music education.
• Passion for impacting students’ lives through music, especially underserved or at-risk youth.
• Mastery of your primary instrument (violin or cello).
• Effective and equity-driven classroom management techniques.
• The ability to prioritize personal connection to the music over concern about technical precision.
Familiarity with the Suzuki method and/or another style of early strings pedagogy.
Fluent in Spanish
Must pass a background check and provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
$70 per hour for teaching $15 per hour for quarterly team meetings.
To Apply: Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heartland Chamber Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value, honor, and promote diversity,
equity, and inclusion in our employment and education programs. Candidates from diverse backgrounds
are encouraged to apply.